Unique loss Novak Djokovic

MELBOURNE, Jan 19, 2017 – Defending champion Novak Djokovic was sensationally knocked out in the second round of the Australian Open by unheralded Uzbek Denis Istomin in a major shock on Thursday.

The 117th-ranked Istomin ousted the six-time winner 7-6 (10/8), 5-7, 2-6, 7-6 (7/5), 6-4 in 4hr 48min on Rod Laver Arena.

It was the world number two’s earliest Grand Slam exit since Wimbledon 2008, when he was beaten by Marat Safin in the second round.

It was also only Djokovic’s second loss to a player outside the top 100 in seven years, after his defeat to 145th-ranked Juan Martin del Potro at last year’s Rio Olympics.

“He played obviously above his level. You got to give him credit for that,” Djokovic said. “Many things came together for him today. He’s a well-deserved winner.

“He deserved to win. No doubt, he was a better player in the clutch moments. There’s not much I could do.”

Istomin, who got into the main draw as the winner of the Asia wildcard play-off in December, said it was the high point of his playing career.

“It is the biggest win for me, and it means so much,” Istomin said, struggling with the emotions of his achievement.

“So now I can feel that I can play with these guys and to be with them on the same level.”

He added: “I feel sorry for Novak. I was playing so good today. I mean, I also surprised myself today.”

Serbia’s Djokovic was bidding to win a record seventh Australian Open title and overtake Australian Roy Emerson, who won six in the 1960s.

It was a miserable start to the Grand Slam season for Djokovic, who surrendered his top world ranking to Andy Murray last year and fell to second in the world for the first time since June 2014.

Istomin played at an extraordinary level from the opening game, which took 16 minutes — signalling the impending struggle for Djokovic.

Last year Djokovic survived an epic four-and-a-half hour five-setter against Frenchman Gilles Simon in the Australian Open fourth round, but this time there was no escape.

Istomin broke the defending champion’s serve in the seventh game before Djokovic broke back in the following game as the marathon first set went to a tiebreaker.

Djokovic had two set points but it was Istomin who grabbed the set 10-8, ending an 85-minute struggle.

The 12-time Grand Slam champion had more early problems when he clutched his left hamstring after stretching for a volley in the third game of the second set, and called for the trainer at the next changeover.

Istomin held two set points at 5-4 for a two-love lead but Djokovic fought them off and broke the Uzbek in the next game before levelling the match after almost two-and-a-half hours.

Istomin looked to be tiring and he dropped three straight service games as Djokovic surged back to take the third set and hit the front for the first time.

But Istomin wouldn’t go away. He broke Djokovic’s serve early in the fourth set and had a set point at 5-4, but the Serb saved it.

Istomin had control of the tiebreaker and got to 5-1 before he took the match into a fifth set with a second-serve ace on his fourth set point.

He was too strong in the final set, breaking Djokovic’s serve in the fifth game and admirably handling the pressure to serve it out.

He only needed the first of his two match points to claim victory when Djokovic’s return of service went over the baseline.

Istomin will now meet Spanish 30th seed Pablo Carreno Busta in the third round.

Source: TheNation

 

FIA approved officially billion acquisition of Formula 1

The FIA has approved the acquisition of Formula 1 by Liberty Media following an extraordinary meeting of the World Motor Sport Council (WMSC) in Geneva on Wednesday.

Liberty Media announced in September that it had agreed an $8 billion deal to purchase Delta Topco, Formula 1’s parent company, and aimed for the deal to be completed during the first quarter of 2017.

Following the approval of plans for the acquisition from Liberty shareholders on Tuesday, the FIA has now green lighted the deal, approving the sale of F1’s commercial rights as required.

“The World Motor Sport Council has unanimously approved the change of control of Delta Topco Limited (the holding company of the Formula One Group and thus the owner of the Commercial Rights of the FIA Formula One World Championship) from CVC Capital Partners in favour of Liberty Media Corporation at an extraordinary meeting today in Geneva,” a statement from the FIA reads.

“The transaction will see the transfer of 100% of the shares in Delta Topco to Liberty Media Group, one of the tracking stocks of Liberty Media Corporation.

“During the meeting, the representatives of the prospective new owner made a detailed presentation of their strategy. The members of the World Motor Sport Council then had the opportunity to ask questions about the specifics of the agreement, the ongoing working relationship with the FIA and Liberty’s plans for the sport.

“Liberty, Formula One Group and the FIA intend to collaborate to create a constructive relationship that will ensure the continued success and the development of the FIA Formula One World Championship in the long term.

“The World Motor Sport Council’s decision confirms the FIA’s belief that Liberty, as a renowned media organization with expertise in both sport and entertainment, is clearly well positioned to ensure the continued development of its pinnacle Championship.

“The FIA holds a one per cent shareholding in Delta Topco. As part of the sale by CVC to Liberty Media Corporation, and in line with the agreements between the FIA and the Formula One Group, the FIA will be dragged along in the sale process under the same conditions as CVC and all the other shareholders.

“The FIA looks forward to working with the new owners of the Formula One Group on further developing the unrivaled global spectacle that is the FIA Formula One World Championship for all stakeholders.”

Following the announcement, Liberty issued a statement of its own confirming receipt of the FIA’s approval and its intention to complete the deal by the end of the month – a much shorter timespan than most expected.

“Liberty Media Corporation announced today that it has received the requisite consents and approvals from the Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile (“FIA”), the governing body of Formula 1, in connection with its pending acquisition of Formula 1, and that the closing conditions related to the FIA have now been satisfied,” it reads.

Memphis Depay signs for 4.5 years at Olympique Lyon

Olympique Lyon and Manchester United have agreed on the transfer of Memphis Depay. President Jean-Michel Aulas confirmed tonight that the two clubs have reached an agreement in principle. He responded to earlier reports of the French sports newspaper L’Equipe, which reported that only a few details of the deal should be settled.

Memphis (22) undergoes on Short-term a medical examination at the French club. The striker signed for 4.5 years. With the transition would take between 15 and 20 million euros. ManUnited thereby suffers loss on the 22-year-old international, who the club last summer around 30 million euros had paid. Playboy Memphis could not live up to the high expectations. This season he has hardly played of coach Jose Mourinho.

The Football Transfer market is wide open

Manchester City goes once again for Lionel Messi
City want to pay 113 million for the striker.

Manchester United goes for Antoine Griezmann for the same amount.
Last year Manchester United broke the transfer record for Paul Pogba and now the Red Devils want to break the record.

Olympique Lyon increases offer for Memphis Depay.
After the first bid for the Orange International – reportedly 13 million – from the table was swept by the Red Devils, Olympique Lyon screwed the amount to 15 million euros. United would like to have at least 17 million. To be continued in the coming days.

Manchester United 1 Final 1 Liverpool

Red Carpet at Ferrari roll out for son Schumacher

MARANELLO – The Italian racing team Ferrari hopes to incorporate the son of Michael Schumacher in the training program. The Seventeen-year-old Mick Schumacher can follow in the footsteps of his illustrious father, who for years ruled the Formula 1 in the red car of Ferrari and won it five of his seven world titles. For the ‘junior Schumi’ stay the door wide open at Ferrari.

,,If he wants to join our training program, is the red carpet for him, ” said Massimo Rivola Ferrari in Italian media. ,, Mick was raised very well, compliments to his parents. He is already under great pressure from the media at his young age, but he’s going to be very good.”

Mick Schumacher has never made a secret that he, like his father ever wants to become world champion in Formula 1. The teenager made his debut two years ago at the race team of Frits van Amersfoort in Formula 4. After two years in which racing series comes Schumacher junior next season out in the Formula 3 for the Italian team Prema.

Football – Transfer Talk

Transfer Talk! The transfer market is open since January 1st.

Everton and Manchester United agree about Schneiderlin

Bramall joins Arsenal

Olympique Lyon angling to Memphis Depay

Sevilla hires Jovetic from Inter Milan

Bayern Munich defender Holger Badstuber (27) on loan to Schalke 04

Chelsea hires Isaiah Brown on Huddersfield Town

Be continued / follow

‘Memphis Depay engaged with beautiful Lori Harvey’

Playboy & Manchester United player Memphis Depay engaged with beautiful Lori Harvey.

It seems that the stepdaughter of presenter and comedian Steve Harvey has engaged to football player Memphis Depay (22).

Lori and the in Moordrecht (Netherlands) born Memphis be since early last year together. Lori came first into the picture during the farewell to the footballer at his former club PSV.
She then appeared as an unknown woman at his side.

Djokovic ends Murray’s 28-win streak in Qatar triumph

DOHA, Jan 7, 2017 – Novak Djokovic brought world number one Andy Murray’s 28-match winning streak to an end in Doha on Saturday to retain the Qatar Open title in a three-set thriller.

Serb star Djokovic won 6-3, 5-7, 6-4 in a high-quality, action-packed match between the two best players in the world lasting almost three hours.

It is Djokovic’s 25th career victory over Murray and puts down an early-season marker against his great British rival, before the Australian Open later this month.

VIDEO

Describing Murray as his “biggest rival”, he said both players had “dragged each other” to their limits.

“Every match we play is a huge challenge, you have to accept and expect a great battle,” Djokovic told reporters.

“You saw tonight how much we both wanted to win.”

He added that he wanted to finish the match off earlier.

“I had three or four match points in the second set, he turned it around and I thought: Wow! I hope this isn’t payback time!

“He was close … all the way to the last shot you never know with Andy,” added Djokovic who was penalised a point in the second set after destroying his racquet as the tension mounted.

Despite going into the third set showing signs of frustration and weariness, Djokovic was able to claw away any momentum Murray had to secure his second successive title in Qatar and the $209,665 first prize.

A break of Murray’s serve in the seventh game of the final set — when the Scot looked most likely to win — proved decisive.

Serving for the match, Djokovic secured the title on his fourth match point, having squandered three in the second set when Murray astonishingly recovered from 5-4 down and 40-15 to win three games in a row and force, at that point, an unlikely deciding set.

It was Murray’s first competitive defeat since losing to Juan Martin del Potro in the Davis Cup back in September.

In a typically cagey start between the pair, Djokovic landed the first blow with his only break point of the first set.

In the eighth game of the opener, he came back from 40-15 down to win four consecutive points and break Murray’s serve.

Then, in the seventh game of the second set Djokovic broke Murray again despite falling over and banging his head during one rally.

It seemed to be the decisive blow, but Murray would not be easily brushed aside, rallying to take the game into the decider.

– Missed chances –

==================

Murray said he was “obviously disappointed” to lose but was not too downbeat.

“I think physically it was a good test to start the year,” he said.

He added that he lost having failed to capitalise on his chances.

“I had a break point at 3-2. In the last game I had love-30 on Novak’s serve and played a couple of loose shots. I think I had the first break point in the first set as well, didn’t get it.

“He had one and took it, that was the difference this evening.”

Murray also dismissed any idea that the defeat would have any impact in the forthcoming Australian Open.

Saturday’s match was the first meeting between the pair since Murray beat the Serb at the ATP World Tour Finals in London in November, snatching Djokovic’s number one ranking in the process.

It was also the 20th time Djokovic has beaten Murray after winning the first set.

Despite the defeat, Murray retains his world number one ranking.

source – TheNation